I have had a love-hate relationship with making cloud bread. Seems in the past every time I attempted to make these ‘low carb’ buns they flopped and failed —until now!
My research and patience have paid off and I now know how easy these adorable little pieces of heaven can be. Next time I make them I will try larger loafs and/or small chip like versions, but these buns are delish the way they are none the less.
The kids even loved having them with deli meat and a little cheese. I would imagine you could flavor this mix with things like garlic/Parmesan and a sprinkling of rosemary too. So many possibilities and so little guilt! My kinda bun if you ask me…
Diet, you are now a friend of mine!
- 3 Eggs separated (3 yokes, 3 whites)
- 3 tbs Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Plain)
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate the eggs into 2 medium sized bowls.
- In egg yolk bowl mix cream cheese with blender until smooth.
- In the other bowl (whites) add 1/4 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat until the mixture forms peaks and gets thick. About 1/3 way through I added the 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Once fluffy, carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites – make sure not to stir, just fold until equally dispensed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop scoops of the mixture about 3 inches apart from one another. Depending on the size, you will want to experiment here – I dropped roughly 2 tablespoons of mixture per bun.
- Bake on the middle rack.of oven for approx 1/2 hour – make sure to keep an eye on them, oven times vary.
- Once lightly golden, remove from the pans and cool. Makes approx 10 buns.