It’s no secret that when my husband is told to pick up an item at the grocery store he often overstocks on a particular fruit or vegetable, leaving me to come up with ideas on how to use and reuse the item for the next week and a half. Sometimes I am thankful for these purchases, especially when it forces me to attempt new recipes that both my children and I can indulge in.
I have been making vegetable chips for quite some time now but I never thought of making Zucchini chips because of the wet texture of the inside of it. Low and behold, you CAN make some pretty delicious chips with a simple zucchini or two. All you need is a mandolin, and some olive oil and salt and you are all set! Just remember to take it easy when eating…they go quick!
- 2 or more large zucchini
- Olive oil
- Sea salt for sprinkling
*Some parchment paper and a stove for cooking.
- Preheat stove to 240 degrees
- Thinly slice zucchini using mandolin (I like mine very thin and crispy)
- Once sliced, blot zucchini using paper towel to rid all the excess water
- Toss or spritz with olive oil *very little* and evenly place on parchement paper
- Sprinkle with sea salt and place in oven
- Cook for approximately 1.5hours until golden brown
- Remove and ENJOY!