This recipe is well worth the indulgence, and it is really easy to make too! I always serve this meal with veggies and ‘healthier’ options on the side…yum!
What you need:
- Approximately 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 green pepper sliced lengthwise
- Provolone Cheese or Mozzarella (12 slices or pieces)
- BBq Rub –
- Olive Oil
- 12 strips of Bacon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Put a slice of provolone cheese or mozzarella and 1 slice of green pepper in the middle of each thigh and roll up.
- Wrap each rolled thigh with 1 slice of bacon.
- Place rolls in a 13×9″ baking dish securely together to avoid opening(you can use toothpicks if you like).
- In medium bowl combine olive oil and bbq rub and mix.
- With a brush, lightly brush the mixture over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Drain excess liquids.
- Bake another 35-40 minutes OR until no longer pink and juices run clear.